Last updated: August 8, 2020
We are proud to give you a better way to build an online presence. We also recognize that technology is an amplifier: it can enable the helpful and the harmful. Thats why we've established this policy. If you have an account with any of our products, you can't use them for any of the restricted purposes listed below. If we find out you are, we'll cancel your account.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don't tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you are using getcurbsidepickup products to share other peoples' private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don't want anything to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can't use getcurbsidepickup products to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don't tolerate folks (including their bots) using getcurbsidepickup products for spamming purposes. If your emails don't pass muster with CAN-SPAM or any other anti-spam law, it's not allowed.
- Cybersquatting: We don't like username extortionists. If you purchase a getcurbsidepickup product account in someone else's name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use getcurbsidepickup products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
We've outlined these restrictions to be clear about what we won't stand for. That said, this list is by no means exhaustive. We will make changes over time.
How to report abuse
See someone using a getcurbsidepickup product for one of the restricted purposes? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. If you need a secure file transfer, let us know and we will send you a link. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
Someone on our team will respond within one business day to let you know we've begun investigating. We will also let you know the outcome of our investigation (unless you ask us not to or we are not allowed to under law).
**This policy and process applies to any product created and owned by getcurbsidepickup
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC BY 4.0